The topics of this workshop are of interest to, but not limited to, the following research avenues:
- Classification (models and ontologies), description (e.g. metadata), identity management, of products of science different from the traditional article;
- Representing, exchanging, sharing, assessing (peer-reviewing), depositing, preserving products different from the traditional article
- Publishing workflows for products different from the traditional article, e.g. submission, review, scientific reward (e.g. software publishing, research data publishing)
- Interlinking and contextualization or products: mining techniques, LOD, data models, relationships (citation, versioning) between research results, etc.
- Findability of products of science: indexing, searching, browsing challenges
- Controlled access to products of science (e.g. anonymization, role-driven views)
- “Packaging research results”: identification, representation, description (metadata), deposition, preservation, evaluation, and interoperability of “research results packages” (e.g. Research Objects, Elsevier’s “article of the future”, executable papers, RMap)
- Systems, tools, paradigms, publishing workflows towards favouring repetition (“same experiment, same laboratory”), replication (“same experiment, different laboratory”), reproduction (“same experiment, different input parameters”), or re-use of science (“use as parts of other experiments”).